If you had one or more teeth extracted by Dr. Schuman, here is what you need to do (or not do!) and what you need to know.
- No eating or drinking until the anesthetic wears off — about 2 hours
- Take the cotton out after 60 minutes
- Take the pain medicine every 4 – 6 hours as necessary for pain (usually Ibuprofen = Nurofen/Advil 200 mg X 2 tablets)
- Chew gently on that side for a few days.
- No need to rinse with anything special.
- Come in to remove the stitches at the next appointment.
- Don’t use a straw, smoke a cigarette or spit out vigorously for a few days. Brushing teeth is OK.
- If there is bleeding after you eat, put a wad of tissue on the spot and bite down for at least 20 minutes.
- There may be a little blood on your pillow the morning after. This is totally normal.
- In emergency, for bleeding, put a wet tea bag on the site and close for about 20 minutes. Still bleeding- do it again.
If you have an emergency such as uncontrolled bleeding or are in terrible pain, call Dr. Schuman!
- Office: 563-4445
- Dr. Schuman’s home number: 02-993-4125
- Dr. Schuman’s cellulr: 052-8-369-822